Connected security cameras are one of the best home security investments that you can make. Burglars are wary of them. Most will avoid your home if they spot a security camera, making them a formidable deterrent. They’re also incredibly useful, allowing you to check in on your family or pets via your smartphone, or see and talk to a visitor at your front door.
See what’s happening anytime
Traditionally, security camera footage was something you looked at after something bad happened. Now, the Alarm.com app makes it easy and convenient to see what’s in front of any camera in your home, anytime. Just open a video feed to:
- Get a clear view. Our wireless indoor and outdoor cameras let you see what’s happening in HD resolution.
- Take a closer look. Wondering what exactly your kids are watching on TV when you’re out? Just open your living room video feed, then use your fingertips to zoom in for a better view of what’s happening.
- See in the dark. When something goes bump in the night, you don’t need to activate your smart lights right away. Our cameras’ infra-red night vision makes it easy to see what’s going on.
Get custom video alerts
While any connected video camera can send you a video alert, Alarm.com uses its understanding of your home’s activity to let you pick and choose the specific events that you want a video alert of. For example:
- Motion on your porch. All Alarm.com-powered cameras have motion sensors—but you don’t need an alert every time someone moves in your house. It’s easy to customize a motion-triggered alert for any single camera—and you can filter it further by time of day, or security arming status.
- Your kids are home. Alarm.com understands a lot of context behind your home’s activity—such as who just unlocked the door. Your kids’ unique user codes can trigger a once-a-day video alert to show you they’re home safely from school.
- There’s an alarm. In an alarm event, your home’s cameras begin recording automatically, ensuring that you won’t miss vital footage.